Do not type any command. What happens?
I have Knoppix 8.1 from the Linux Magazine. When I boot from the DVD I can see Knoppix Welcome screen. When I give the command knoppix64 in the boot prompt Knoppix begins to scan my harddrives but do not find ”itself” in the cd-slot and then stops.
My computer has an ordinary Bios not UEFI.
I managed to solve that problem. I wrote knoppix64 /dev/sr0 in the command prompt.
But this is the problem I hope someone can help me with:
I installed Knoppix using the install function in Knoppix to a flashdisk with a persistence partition. Now I have the same problem as above. It scans the drives but cannot find the usb-stick.
Gparted in Knoppix tells me the usb-drive is sdg with two partitions /dev/sdg1 and /dev/sdg2 for the persistence partition.
No boot with the command ”Knoppix64 /dev/sdg1”
What command should I use?
Is this a bug or not? In my opinion yes.
Do not type any command. What happens?
Without any commands the same. Begins scanning my drives:
Searching for Knoppix 8.1 in: /dev/"scanning my harddisks drives" and then nothing.
Same thing on my second computer with an ordinary old Bios.
For comparision another bootable USB-stick ( TAILS ) boots directly with the same boot order in Bios.
On another computer, a laptop with UEFI, Knoppix boots when secure boot is off and legacy boot enabled.
Download a fresh iso from one of the knoppix mirrors , checksum, burn it and use it for a fresh installation.

Lenovo ThinkPad L13 Yoga Touch Laptop 13.3� Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$239.99
Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50
Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 i5-1145G7 16GB 512GB SSD Touch Win 11 Pro Good
$261.99
Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14� FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$374.99
Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14� HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$319.99
Lenovo ThinkPad L14 Gen 3 14" FHD Laptop i5 12th Gen 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11
$329.99
Lenovo ThinkPad T480s | i5-8350U | 256GB NVMe | 8GB RAM | W11 Pro | W/AC Adapter
$169.99
Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 3 | Intel I5-1245U | 16GB RAM | 256GB NVMe | W11P | W/AC
$299.99
Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50
Lenovo ThinkPad T495 14� Laptop AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11
$229.99